Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yard Birds

Hi there! It's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. Liam and I spent the morning working in the yard and watching a soccer game across the street. It was so nice to be outside and take some pride in our yard. It really is a very nice neighborhood. Liam and I joke that we will go over and sit next to the soccer parents and mingle, pretend like we belong. Then somebody will say "so, which one's yours?" They all drive fancy SUVs and hybrids and their kids go to catholic school. (This is what makes it a nice neighborhood?)

Anyway...

Liam mowed the lawn with the push mower in the front. The grass was getting too high in the back to do with the push mower, so we're going to borrow the neighbors another day.

I dug up some weeds along the front and cleaned up the bushes a little bit.

I was going to take photos of Liam mowing the lawn for the very first official time, but I forgot, well I was really tired...so I'll have pictures of the lawn and the lawn mowing soon.

We're going to eat something for lunch now and then work upstairs. I'm pushing really hard to finish the hallway, within 2 weeks while Liam finishes the hardwood floors in the guest room. I think I can do it.

Next up...The hallway & linen cabinet restoration.

No comments: