Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fast Forward...

Now, fast forwarding through the wall preparation. My studio wall was spackled and sanded until as smooth as possible. I may need to go back and touch up areas when the room is under final renovation.

The wall was then primed with my favorite primer for old plaster walls. KILZ HIGH BUILD is an amazing product. I do not spray it on because I do not want it on quite that thick, but it can be applied that way for a level 5 finish, so I've heard! I simply roll it on using a smooth roller which covers the wall just enough to fill in small imperfections and discolorations and gives it that extra smooth appearance. I think of it as putting on the foundation before applying the blush!

Then it was painted a beautiful color called "Silvery Moonlight"

You might also think of this wall as a 72 yr old grandma who just had a major face-lift! I think the other walls in my studio are jealous, take a look! What can I say, I'm good at what I do...






The piece of tape is marking the height of my mannequin which is 6ft, but she may adjust. We have to wait and find out.

No comments: