Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Update!

I promise that I will have photos soon. It's around 10 a.m. Sunday morning, and I'm eating greek yogurt and delicious banana nut granola, so I thought I would pop in with an update!

We're about to come very very close to finishing the master-bedroom today! So close! The only thing left to do is touch up a couple pieces of quarter round that I finished painting last night, and then install our ceiling fan. Lastly, we need to finish the reverse side of the closet door. The first side is finished! I need to clean-up the hardware with the stripping agent, and find a new suitable doorknob. I think I'll probably go with a nice vintage replicca from Home Depot or wherever.

I've already come up with most of the decorating needs for the room, aside from a lamp and a few pillows. I have some vintage eyelet curtains that I'm currently soaking a few stains out of. We picked up the Better Homes & Gardens curtains rods yesterday as well as a nice handmade twine wreath. I might add some dried flowers to it. I'm awaiting a lovely antique tulip applique quilt from eBay. It will be our spring quilt. I'm still looking for a quilt that would be great for year around in neutral hues to match the room...still no such luck yet, but the Tulip quilt I'm sure will be really pretty for spring.

No comments: