Sunday, April 26, 2009

Decorating in progress!





I'm so thrilled to finally be decorating the room, although the closet door is still not hung. The hinges are in process of being cleaned up. They were previously ridiculously splattered with stain and paint, and not in the shabby chic way.

My decorating ideas have changed several times since we began working on the room. I've finally honed in on the right idea for the room. I'm keeping it very simple, all neutral, and with a coutry cottage, yet elegant feel. It's our grown up room. I've wanted it to feel as if we are staying in a bed and breakfast somewhere out in the country. I think I'm definitely slowly accomplishing that look.

I made my own rustic curtain rods by purchasing a pair of rods from home depot in the style that I wanted, but not the color. I spent the day painting them and rusting them up. Liam is installing them right now! :)

Pictures.....







No comments: