Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stippled Out



I did successfully get up off the air mattress. I finished the ceiling stippling project by midnight on February 17th. Liam assisted me when he came home from work by wiping smooth all the edges where I got Sheetrock on the walls. The hardest part was maneuvering around the ceiling fan. I can't wait to get rid of that $20 fan and replace it with something much more suitable for a master suite, something perhaps with a nifty remote and 3 speeds and a dimmer!

Anyway, the ceiling has a little more drying to do before I paint it with two coats of ceiling paint. I think it came out quite nice. It's a little more textured than maybe I had envisioned, but I don't care what anyone thinks. It's a lot more interesting than a blank white slightly uneven ceiling with a few cracks. It looks 100% better to me, like icing on the cake. I think it looks very professional.

Here are some photos of all the hard work:





No comments: