Monday, February 16, 2009

PRIME TIME

I am exhausted. I worked on the master from morning 'til night for the past 6 days. I am happy to report however, that the sanding has come to an end. We've entered into the exciting stage of PRIMING...everything!

The original base molding was in fact salvaged and turned out remarkably nice. I had only hoped that we would see its clean straight lines come through at last. My spackling, puttying, sanding ability exceeded my own expectations.




It has been so gratifying to see the transformation! Splotchy imperfect walls have become a uniform clean, smooth, and white canvas for color.




When all is primed, the ceiling will receive a stipple effect. We picked up a 62 lb bucket of all purpose joint compound for this purpose. I'm excited to use the horsehair 5" round texture brush we also bought. The stipple will dry for 48 hours before receiving 2 coats of ceiling paint.

In the meantime, the base molding and window casings will be painted their true white.

Lastly, everything will be taped off with painters tape in order to paint the walls.

Painting the walls is scheduled for this weekend! (I have a lot of work to do to keep on schedule.)

No comments: