Sunday, November 16, 2008

Changes in the Kitchen

Whoops! What was I thinking putting a blue rug and white curtains in an all brown kitchen. I was tired, and I forgot that the blue rug is for the living room to take your shoes off when you come in off the sunporch and the white curtain looked much more at home covering the side entrance door. There's nothing better than something clean, white and frilly to cover an ugly plexi-glass window such as that of the side entrance door. If you can't fix it right away, cover it with something white and frilly. That's my new motto.

So, anyway, since our kitchen countertops are for the time being, an ugly brown, we have to incorporate brown things to make the countertops look less out of place.

Liam picked out the roosters! We have a nice pair of rooster curtains as you will see, and I switched out the blue rug with a brown one to compliment the shades of brown. Makes for a nice warm, autumn kitchen, don't ya think?


No comments: